Today's my 32nd birthday.
I put together a list of some things I've learned over the years.
32 in 32 ...living and still learning.
1) You can't trust the government or corporations.
2) Your intuition knows more than you may realize in the moment, the best thing you can do is
3) Relationships/friendships evolve and not all last forever.
4) Confidence is sexy but so is passion.
5) If you want something done, do it yourself.
6) Never stop being curious.
7) Never stop daydreaming.
8) Your technology doesn't define your talent. Skill and dedication shapes your craft.
9) Hindsight may be 20/20 but foresight is understanding
10) In some cases the "3 strikes you're out" rule is too generous.
11) Don't take it personal, don't make it personal.
12) Acknowledging my connection to water and that it provides me with a sense of relief.
13) Experiencing a death of someone close to you puts a lot of things into perspective.
14) Being introverted is beneficial.
15) Patience can be a secret weapon.
16) Being a realist is not the same as being a pessimist.
17) The best advice I've gotten is from Led Zeppelin's The Rain Song; "It's just a little rain". It's the
18) Do what you feel is right in your heart.
19) Focus on the achievements and let yourself celebrate and be proud of them.
20) It's ok to go your own way.
21) Many systems are outdated and broken, figure out how to work around them.
22) Recognize but try not to over analyze.
23) Everyone's a hypocrite at some point.
24) Despite, never in spite.
25) Religion and spirituality are different.
26) You are the best parts of your parents, keep cognizant of their worst parts.
27) Holidays and birthdays are meaningless when you don't believe in time.
28) Death should not be feared.
29) Freelance does not mean on-call, or free.
30) Architecture is so much bigger than buildings.
31) Photography changed the world.
32) Our brains are magical.